Tuesday, September 16, 2008

well look what I found

Back log : August 22nd

I miss Portland more than ever right now.  I am jealous of the people drinking their coffees at Stumptown or Opposable Thumbs or having a beer at Side St. or sipping a glass of wine at Lupa - walking up and down the streets of Alberta or Mississippi after breakfast at the Tin Shed or Gravy.  Laying as a hung over mess on the grass outside of moxie.

I am a Portlander.  I am a Portlander. What a tremendous source of pride I get from saying that and how threatened I feel when I see others enjoying it without me.  I am a Portlander.  I am the girl with the bangs who does my part to save the planet, who wears skinny jeans and spends $5 on an avocado - who looks for food from local organic growers and care that my hair and face products weren't tested on animals nor do they have a 30 sec. spot on some TV 

station that I don't watch.  Distance makes the heart grow fonder. I am a true Portlander, there is not another place I'd rather be (unless on holiday or for short term employment).

No comments: