Sunday, September 21, 2008

Co-dependence and Abandonment

September 2nd :

Left here like a helpless baby.  LUNCH? Ahem!? 

Nobody waits for people to eat here, they just begin their meals when they arrive.  And if engaging in a conversation about how the school lunches work it's perfectly acceptable for someone to interrupt without so much as an excuse me and then take the person I was talking to away -- even if I am desperately trying to figure out why I am alone in the staff room and if I'm suppose to help bring the lunches out and when I finally get to eat!

Possibly the funniest moment in my life - after a meager attempt to independently find lunch - with no success, I solemnly walk back into the office.  No one is here.  No one.  The only sound that can be heard is...crickets.  No joke.

Crickets, to mock my co dependence and abandonment.

 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Catch one I hear they are Gook Luck over in that country?