Sunday, October 19, 2008

random thoughts, please don't feel obligated to comment.

Every twist and turn of the day brings more and more answers, as if my life in Japan is a game of Tetris.  

side note : "I'm Japanese, I don't use candles!" she exclaimed as she bitterly recalled a story of how she threw away all the left over shit (i.e. candles) from her "ex" boyfriend's house after he had allowed his ex girl friend to stay with him against my friends request.  --> I had no idea that is a non-Japanese trait....the use of candles?  I had to laugh at how vehemently she said it.  hm.

I  love it here.  It's not just Japan so much as this life provided by JET.  I have been given a wonderful group of friends who are "jetting" down the same adventure as me.  Everyone is game to celebrate everyday and every person here.  I have a job that I dip into for a few hours a day that opens my mind to a cultural divide and then have the rest of the day to swim in it.  The days go by and the more I learn about Japan the more I have to shuffle my ideas about myself as an American.



No comments: