Sunday, October 26, 2008

dreaming the life

Most days are remembered like dreams. `Did that really happen?` is a question I find myself asking a lot. The lochness monster, for example, was discussed while walking over a stone pathway over a mote to get into the Hikone Castle grounds. I believe the question was,'do you believe in the lochness monster?' or would you kill it and capture it if you saw it?' or Does it live in Japan?' - but all of this was discussed as I peered into the green darkness of the mote as I walked single file to the Mascot summit.

Do you see what I mean? This really happened.

Also - singing Old Crow Medicine Show, Wagon Wheel as I exited the train in Otsu. The people staring at me seemed to disappear either from the drowning music coming from the ipod or the blindness of the booze. Efrem says, "Do you mind? Some people have to live here!"

I was overcome with a sense of free-ness. I reminded Efrem (in between musical stanzas) that I did not live in Otsu and would never be seeing these people again. And as I continued to sing I also let my body follow into joyous dancing all the way from the train to the taxi to the lyrics, rock me mama like a wagon wheel, rock me mama anyway you feel, hey mama rock me, rock me mama like the wind and the rain, rock me mama like a south bound train, hey... mama rock me.

and I was happy and free.

*I would like to thank the beer suppliers at the Round1 bowling alley in Kyoto and the Heineken suppliers at Lawson's for contributing to my state of enlightenment - oh ya, and thanks Japan.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

i love wagon wheel. i sing it too.

kara said...

you are a funny little girl! love you