Monday, November 10, 2008

Brain stew

I made myself write it down in my dream. Richard - Katie was there and Heather was pregnant. I saw Sam Curtis he was like 8 feet tall and I felt like he had simply moved away for a long time. When I punched him on the leg affectionately it clamored like a hollow tube of steel. He tossed an egg at me from the end of a parking lot near a park. I caught it not knowing what it was before I tossed it back and felt the ovalness of it meander out of my perfectly balled up hand. It crashed down on the asphalt with a bang unnatural to an egg hitting asphalt and I was approached by security asking why I was throwing eggs. Sam was mad I had broke it. He had long curly hair and walked as if he were on stilts. He wore a flannel shirt. I promised him disgruntledly that I would go buy him a new one. So I departed from him and began to make my way to the grocery store. There is when Richard and Heather met up with me and Katie. We had to cross a very busy road - possibly highway and I was worried for the baby's sake, eyeing her stomach and the road cautiously to make sure it would not get hit. Then I realized I was pregnant. When I woke up in my dream I was telling my mom about it without looking at her, but writing down the words to remember this dream, Pregnant, egg and Sam Curtis.

Sam, Richard, pregnant, Katie, egg, breakable, anger, life threatening.

The skeletons in my closet were stirring the pot last night. At least I had the good sense to write it down.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Birth generally has something to do with drastic change...sam curtis I think represents "first love" (or maybe new love)...Richard means an obstacle you're overcoming and I represent your witness. I am your scribe. Let me know what you think? Am I close...

Ms. Kyla said...

I wish you were closer....in the literal term. Hurry up and come visit me!!!