Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson died.

I think death is overwhelmingly sad. Mostly because life is so beautiful. But then I remembered all the sorted things that Michael Jackson was involved with and wondered how I should feel about his death. It was weird to have that reaction but I think death makes me realize how insignificant certain things are - I mean he's DEAD.

Granted all those things he did to the children and being a weirdo and everything - does that make his death something a little less that we should mourn? It all plays into this same issues everyone was faced when he was charged with molesting kids....does his star power and the music he gave to the world forgive him of his abuse?

Its all sorted and weird but I feel sad about it. Its MICHAEL FUCKING JACKSON. Weird or not weird, he was at least alive to have an opinion about and now he's DEAD.

Okay...I realize I am getting a little worked up but I just needed to say a few things. I don't like having to grieve silently and singularly.

And further more...everytime I leave the country, someone famous dies....first trip to Europe, Berry White, third trip with Katie - come back, Anna Nicole Smith then son. Now - Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and MICHAEL JACKSON! This last one is going to take a little while to figure out.

1 comment:

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.